Beets are amazing and incredibly healing veggies. Regardless of whether they are cooked or raw, beets preserve their nutritional value.
Hippocrates used beets as a healing plant. Beets have been used in the treatment of various ailments for centuries.
They have been a common remedy for blood disorders like anemia, or iron deficiency. This vegetable is abundant in iron, and it has the highest content of iron, right after garlic.
When it comes to iodine content, this vegetable is second to kale. Beets offer a wide range of nutrients and boost your metabolism. They also give your body potent antioxidants that are more common in red beets.
Add more beets to your diet
– Beets are abundant in polyphenols and betalains. These prevent free radical damage and oxidative stress.
– This vegetable contains B vitamins and PP which strengthens capillary walls.
– It has great mineral content. Potassium and folate protect heart, magnesium strengthens bones, iron and phosphorus stimulate energy, copper targets free radicals, and iodine participates in the biosynthesis of thyroid hormones.
– Cobalt found in beets supports the formation of vitamin B12. This vitamin is synthesizes by your intestinal microflora. The formation of erythrocytes is practically impossible without vitamin B12 and folic acid.
– Eat more beets to rejuvenate your body. Beets are rich in folic acid which aid in the formation of new cells.
– Betalin pigments flush toxins out of the body.
– Betacyanins inhibit cancer cell growth.
– Dietary fiber stimulates digestion.
– Beets boost metabolism.
– It makes easy for your body to digest vitamin D.
– Beets are high in nitrates. When ingested, these turn into nitrites. This is of great help when it comes to preventing dementia. According to researchers, nitrites open up blood vessels and provide normal blood flow. This makes easy for oxygen to reach oxygen lacking areas.
– Beets contain more pectin than carrots. Pectin aids in the elimination of radioactive and heavy metals from the body. It also prevents the spreading of dangerous intestinal bacteria and various ailments.
Beets offer a wide range of healing properties. They decrease cholesterol and blood pressure, strengthen capillary walls, prevent sclerosis, improve brain function and stimulate the metabolism of fats.